Hi everybody! We are chillin' in Bandaras bay and I'm thinkin', "Why would I want to leave here? It's got everything." You can "get away from it" or you can be smack dab in the middle of it all. I'm working on my Spanglish slowly but slowly (didn't feel like saying "surely" would be truthful). We've taken the bus to town (PV) a couple of time to go to fetch boat tools/supplies and even went to Walmart and Sam's Club (thanks Mom for hooking me up with a card!) I bought some pistachios there. They also have a Costco which I will go visit sometime. The other day, I helped Bud scrap the barnacles off of the bottom of the boat (go down on scuba and get busy...whoa...what an ordeal) those little buggers grow EVERYWHERE. But, it is a chore that must be done at least weekly, if not more. Friend, Leonard, advised Bud of a new paint technology that keeps them from attaching so easily (sharkskin paint..or something to that affect.) We are going to seriously look into doing this prior to putting her away for the summer. I finally got an internet stick (banda acha) from TelCel so now I have internet. It's pretty stable and I'll be checking emails more regularly. Marie shared her paddle board with me and I actually stood up and didn't crash albeit for just a minute or so. I think I'm more into the idea of a kayak. Where we are now (Punta de Mita) - there are paddle-surfers galore. It's really neat to watch the little kids surf. We motor sailed out to the islands yesterday and planned on scuba diving, but the visibility wasn't all that so we snorkeled up to the beach and hung out for a while then came back to the boat and scarfed up the entire bag of Pistachios (between the four of us - Marie and Leonard were there too) and toasted with some 'ritas - that's what I'm talking about! We saw a ton of whale activity coming and going. Bandaras bay is home to the gray whales and the mom's teach their babies here prior to heading back up north. So, most of the time, you see both mom and calf. That's it for now. Hasta la juega! (see you soon!)
Check out these websites:
www.rivieranayarit.com/la_cruz_de_huanacaxtle_nayarit
http://www.puntademita.org/
www.vallartanautica.com
I've added some pics to catch up. I've been a bit lazy about the camera, and several of these are from my friend, Marie's stash as she and hubby, Leonard, are along with us but in their own boat.
Here's my mom's place in Texas.... Just after Christmas.
These are some of the bizzilian fishing boats out and about especially along the Baja Pacific side.
Here's our boat at Isla Isabella (before I got here) but we are going back.
Isla Isabella shot again. (Thanks to Marie for these cool shots)
Here is the Marina Riviera Nayarit at La Cruz de Huanacaxtle where Bud put into a slip for a few days when I first arrived. This allowed me to get my sea legs and it has seemed to work out just fine. This is our pier (we are on the other side of this pier with our bow facing to where I'm shooting this pic. - second boat from the shore). We moved to the anchorage on Tuesday, after my arrival on Saturday.
Here is another of Marie's shots and a perfect example of improv at it's finest.
We are now anchored at Punta de Mita just north of La Cruz (both are in Bandares bay). That's our dinghy in the center and our boat is just beyond the breakers on the left side of the photo.
Here is a shot of a whale breaching near a panga (tour boat). We don't get any closer than wherever we may be normally.




No comments:
Post a Comment